Friday 22 March 2013

Interim Report

I’m holding myself in reserve for next month’s epic blog session so this one is only short. I’m already having serious doubts as to whether or not I can manage a daily blog but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Anyway, I shall try my hardest. The weather is diabolical, it’s officially spring and the snow is making a come back. I know there are colder places in the world but honestly, what is nature up to?

I’ve been doing a lot of editing, which is more enjoyable than it sounds. Cut out a lot of ‘haves’, ‘hads’ and ‘thens’, not to mention a whole pile of ‘it seemed’ and other such empty phrases and it’s already slimmer by a few thousand words.

The Leicester Beer Festival
Didn’t manage to do much walking but did manage the annual pilgrimage to the Leicester Beer Festival. Each year there’s a theme, last year it was Charles Dickens as it was his 200th birthday. This year, of course it’s Richard III. King Richard’s bones were recently unearthed from beneath a Leicester car park and the city is gripped by King Richard mania (though more of that in a future post).

Festival specials included such delights as Wicked Uncle, Skull Crusher and Car Park King.

Good luck to all the other mad fools who have volunteered to do the A-Z Challenge. I’m looking forward to dropping in on as many as possible. See you there.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you will be busy! I'm also doing the challenge, it was quite exhilerating last year, if not a bit full on. Definetly good fun.

    Goog luck, and the beer festival looks like it was a good event too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day at a time is my philosophy. Just do your best. This is my third go-around with A to Z.
    The beer festival looked fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally! Totally looking forward to reading your posts during A-Z! Glad there are some vets like Susan...I, too am nervous about blogging every day.

    The beer festival looks fun. I just got back from a beer pairing brunch this morning. As one of the brewers said (re: having 7 different beers at 11 AM), "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning."

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the supportive words.

    It's worth noting that in days gone by it was perfectly normal to have beer for breakfast as it was safer than drinking the water.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally. Maria convinced me to have a go at the A-Z challenge, so I look forward to swinging by to read your posts. As for the beer festival, I am seriously jealous! I keep threatening to go to one as I love real ales but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

    Good luck with the challenge and see you back at Phoenix Writers soon.

    ReplyDelete