Saturday 19 April 2014

Q is for Quaffing

A-Z Challenge.

Random Sightings No 17.

Beer quaffing that is. Some pictures taken at the National Winter Ales Festival in Derby this February. The festival was held in the Derby Roundhouse, a former Victorian railway locomotive works and is conveniently close to Derby train station so no drink driving back to Leicester I'm glad to say. These pictures were taken on the final day and, as you see from the sold out signs, some serious quaffing had been going on. First up though, a picture of the amazing roof.








6 comments:

  1. MMMmmmm my favorite thing to quaff! And that is an amazing roof! Just dropping by from the A to Z Challenge! Mel at Writings, Musings and Other Such Nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by. Struggled to think of something beginning with Q but now I think quaff is my word of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I know what "beer quaffing" is!

    Visiting from the A to Z challenge signup page. Great to meet you!

    Stephanie Faris, author
    30 Days of No Gossip
    http://stephie5741.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To quaff is to drink heartily. I'm only a very modest quaffer. Welcome and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. This is my kind of post and only a stone's throw from The Brunswick etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only managed the short walk from the train station to the Roundhouse I'm afraid. Will look out for the Brunswick next time I'm in Derby.

      Delete